Thursday, April 16, 2009

First Week of School

It's the first week of school, and I'm having a blast. I only have each class once a week and the earliest class I have is at 11:30. I found an onigiri shop really close to school so I went in to take a look. This was the best tuna salad onigiri I've ever had.

This is a Japanese citrus called hyuganatsu. You can eat the inner skin and it's actually the best part. They are super sweet.

They come from Miyazaki ken (formerly known as Hyuga).. therefore this fruit was given the name hyuganatsu (Summer of Hyuga).

Went over to a friend's house for dinner. Our friend Domitri brought along his smoked pork loin that his parents smuggled from the states.

Kim Chi Hot Pot

My new friends.


Yesterday we went Karaoke, and now my voice is cracking.
One of my favorites at the cafeteria: Shoyu ramen. $2.80.

Went for a walk earlier today with some friends and we found a restaurant that specializes in Fugu (Pufferfish). I want to try it some day. I heard you have to sign something before you eat just in case you ingest the lethal poison.

2 comments: