Friday, April 3, 2009

perfect weather

Great weather today here in Tokyo. We had a couple orientation sessions and then wandered around shibuya.
My campus at dusk

There's a United Nations University across the street.

My new playground: Senta Gai

On the way home, we got caught in the evening commute and had to ride shoulder to shoulder on the train.

Today wasn't even that bad. A couple nights ago, I was cramped in the middle and could barely breathe since it got so hot. The windows fogged up and at one point, 10 of us fell over after a sharp turn. It's interesting that no one gets mad even when people push themselves in.
Later that night I went to our public bath and soaked for a half hour. Kinda weird that everyone is butt naked, but so relaxing to do at the end of the day.
I soaked for so long that my body was sweating when I got out, so I walked down to the convenience store and bought my favorite ice cream.

It's a crispy wafer outside with vanilla ice cream and chocolate in the middle.

It's 57 outside and I'm chilling in my room with my balcony door open.

1 comment:

  1. Travis, i love your blog - looks like you are having fun! Also, I LOVE these icecream things, its like a waffle cone but way better cause its a sandwich!!

    ReplyDelete