Monday, April 20, 2009

Nikko: The Most Beautiful Shrine in Japan

I met my relative in Japan for the first time every this past weekend. She took me to Nikko for a day.

The Sacred Bridge

Tsuneko bough some amazing sushi for me to eat on the way over.

Nikko Omotesando



Pagoda

The famous monkeys: See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

This whole shrine/temple complex is the original thing...unlike other places that have been rebuilt throughout history.

The person we asked didn't know how to take photos.

The detail is unbelievable here.


This is Tokugawa Ieyasu's grave. The structures around it are all made out of bronze and gold, but over time they turned greyish blue/green.

The grave

The famous gate..... white and gold


The intricate detail was unbelievable.


Up close

back down to town.

Tsuneko brought a photo of my grandma!

We went shopping for presents and the lady used an abacus.

Of course she surprised me with another bento for the ride home.

On the train.


No comments:

Post a Comment